Thursday, October 2, 2014

Not Quite the Same

Wow, I can hardly believed that we've lived in Budapest for a month! Time has gone by so quickly. Each day is still an adventure. I don't know that I'll ever grow tired of it. There was the immediate culture shock, and jet lag, after arrival but the longer we are here we notice more tiny differences. I wanted to share one example. 

I've been going to the Budapest Music Center almost every day to look at Hidas' music and to use their computer to access the National Audio and Video Archives. Using their computer means using the Hungarian keyboard and the computer all in Hungarian. It's funny because the computer looks just like our computers. It has the same functions and software but it's also completely mind boggling. From a distance it looks the same but it's not. Thankfully, I have been able to access what I need. That is, after frequently typing Hidas Frigzes by mistake. Here is a picture of a Hungarian keyboard for comparison. Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment