Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Frigyes Hidas

The Hungarian composer Frigyes Hidas is the reason why I'm here in Hungary. My plan is to study his life and his works for brass instruments. This research will be made into a source for future performers and historians.  I will continue to share information as I gather it but for now I will share this video with you. About 5 years ago, I was playing in a horn quartet and we came across Hidas's Horn Quartet in our music library. We really enjoyed the piece and I decided to see what else he wrote. I found this video on YouTube and the music won my heart.  This piece was the start of my interest in Hidas and his music. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Horn Concerto No.1 mvt. 1 - Frigyes Hidas, performed by Szabolcs Zempléni.



No comments:

Post a Comment