Wednesday, January 14, 2015

2015 - A New Year!

Boldog Új Évet!! That is Hungarian for Happy New Year! I hope that all who read this blog are looking forward to this new year as much as I am.  2014 went by in a blur. Dan and I got married in July and we moved to Budapest in August. The past 5 months have gone by especially fast! I'm glad that we still have 5 full months in Hungary and I plan to make the most of them. Of course, I have resolutions for the new year. Whether we complete all of our goals or not, I plan to continue sharing our wonderful experiences in Hungary.

Travel Goals
Dan and I want to see as much as we can while we are here. Some places that I hope to see include the Esterhazy Palace, Lake Balaton, Szeged, Debrecen, and Transylvania. I hope we can visit the music museum, the pinball museum (apparently you can play unlimited games), the zoo (again!), and one of the baths. In March, we will be fulfilling our goal to visit other countries as well. Dan and I will be going to Berlin to attend a Fulbright Conference. We're looking forward to this exciting trip!

Academic Goals
Of course, my main goal is to complete my research on Hidas. I'm also looking into other Hungarian music for brass instruments. There are so many pieces, I hope to at least gain more awareness of the repertoire available here. In future years, I hope to conduct more research in Hungary. Along those same lines, I want to improve my Hungarian as much as possible while I am in Budapest.  My Hungarian has improved greatly since we have been here and I hope to continue my progress. I also plan to push myself by applying for conferences and submitting articles for publication.

Personal Goals
My personal goals are not limited to the new year, but rather I think of them as New Day resolutions. Each day can be better than the last. Each day is a new opportunity to love and give to those around us.

I plan to continue sharing culture, experiences, events, and pictures through this blog in 2015. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to read it! You may not know that the website provides me with statistics about who is viewing the blog (no worries, no personal information). I am amazed that I have had readers from the United States, Hungary, France, Taiwan, Germany, Canada, Poland, United Kingdom, Russia, and Slovenia! And those are only the countries with the most number of views. Wow! I am honored and grateful. I hope you have learned something new from my blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment