Friday, March 6, 2015

Manic Monday

During the past month or so, I spent several hours researching at the Open Society Archives in Budapest. Fortunately, the OSA Archives have a lot of sources but it's not sorted in the best way for me. All music items are grouped together....classical, jazz, rock, pop. While sifting through the articles, I came across an article that told about the popularity of the Hungarian version of the Bangles' song "Manic Monday." It was sung by a popular Hungarian artist, Szandi. I enjoy hearing music that has been translated into another language. Here is the original song:



Now, here is the Hungarian version by Szandi. Instead of the English "It's just another manic Monday," the Hungarian is roughly "I'm afraid it's a real Monday." Enjoy as you compare and contrast!

No comments:

Post a Comment