Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sometimes the little victories mean the most.

The other day I was really excited while waiting for the bus, because for the first time since we've been here, I found a sign that I was able to read...completely! It was a big moment for me even though it's not a big deal. I wanted to share the sign with you. You will be able to tell where my vocabulary priorities are...food.


Let me translate, even though it's fairly self-explanatory:

I'm lovin' it [yes, I know this one!]
Lunch time?
McDonald's time! [McDonald's is called Meki here.]
Lunch menu 990 Ft [about $3.66]
Weekdays 12pm-2pm
Eligible sandwiches
+ small drink
+ small fry

Woohoo! Most of the time, I can tell what an advertisement is saying but I can't translate the entire thing. Usually there are a few words that I don't know. Also, let me share one last thing about McDonalds here that we find hilarious. Drive-throughs don't exist except for some McDonalds on the edge of the city. Anyway, there are a few that have a drive through and they are called McDrive. It makes me laugh and I love it.

Thanks for sharing in my little excitement! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment